Enjoy A BUSY DAY
This year’s venue is in BioWin’s brand new headquarters in the Business Village Ecolys by Actibel located on the outskirts of Namur.
The event takes place on the first floor, with space to form new connections, attend exclusive workshops, and get some fresh air on our large balcony.
Registration & Coffee
Title:ATMPs in Belgium: Challenges, Opportunities, and Concrete Initiatives
Short Description:This workshop will begin with a presentation of the panorama of ATMPs in Belgium. Belgium has an impressive critical mass of companies, universities and hospitals with expertise in the field. We will look at the strengths and weaknesses of this ecosystem and discuss the opportunities available to manufacturers. We will then discuss with our speakers some of the major challenges facing this sector:
- how to optimise the industrial production of these products and make the cost of these medicines affordable for the greatest number?
- how to adapt the regulatory framework to facilitate access to these innovative therapies for patients?
- how to envisage reimbursement for these new and promising products?
Key Learning objectives:
- Optimizing industrial production: Discover strategies to enhance the industrial production of ATMPs, making them more cost-effective and accessible to a larger population.
- Adapting the regulatory framework: Explore ways to adapt the regulatory framework to facilitate patient access to innovative therapies, ensuring timely approvals and efficient regulatory processes.
- Envisaging reimbursement strategies: Discuss reimbursement approaches for ATMPs, considering economic evaluations, value-based pricing, and innovative reimbursement models to support patient access and promote ongoing innovation.
- Ingrid Maes, Inovigate
- Sarah Snykers, Legend Biotech
- Pieter Jacobs, Legend Biotech
- Diane Kleinermans, RIZIV
- Christian Borgniet, Exothera
- Marc Martens, Bird & Bird
Title:Thriving in the Biotech jungle: exploring strategies for growth in a bear market
Short Description:In this workshop, we will delve into the reasons behind the sustained interest of biotech investors in the face of turbulent times. We will explore the innovative growth mechanisms employed by biotech companies to navigate and overcome market challenges successfully.
Key Learning objectives:
- Explore growth mechanisms: Discover how biotech companies navigate challenges and drive growth.
- Understand investor engagement: Gain insights into investor interest in the biotech industry.
- Navigate the biotech landscape: Learn to navigate the dynamic biotech industry and capitalize on opportunities.
- Henk Joos, BioWin
- Jan Van den Bossche, Andera Partners
- Bart De Leeuw, Fund+
- Denis Dufrane, Novadip Biosciences
- Kristof Vercruysse, TargED Biopharmaceuticals
- Sophie Stegen, Euronext Belgium
- Marc Martinell, Minoryx Therapeutics S.L.
- Mélanie Adorante, PwC
Title:Unlocking the power of Health Data: Pioneering the future in healthcare innovation
Short Description:The workshop will start with a panel discussion exploring the potential of secondary use of health data in healthcare innovation, digging into the key success factors and drivers for effective re-use at Belgian and EU levels and the lessons learned from ongoing initiatives. The second part of the workshop will bring together representatives from the industry, hospital and academia. The concept of rapid learning health care will be explained. The vision, perspectives, lessons learned, and challenges will be explored through different use cases. The workshop will close with a presentation of an ambitious initiative recently started in Wallonia called MedReSyst.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand the potential of the secondary use of health data in healthcare innovation, what are the key success factors and drivers for effective re-use at Belgian and EU levels.
- Gain insights into the perspectives and lessons learned from academic, hospital, and industry representatives.
- Recognize the importance of collaboration beyond the regional level and explore opportunities for cross-sector partnerships to leverage health data for healthcare innovation.
- Marianne Ghyoot, BioWin
- Shona Cosgrove, Sciensano
- Giovanni Briganti, UMons-ULiège
- Jean Van Nuwenborg, Inovigate
- Philippe Lambin, Maastricht University
- Michèle Melhem, Roche Pharma BeLux
- Isabelle Salmon, Erasme Hospital
- Christine Decaestecker, FNRS
- Benoit Macq, UCLouvain
- Caroline Sage, PwC
Title:Nurturing Talent in Life Sciences: Strategies for Sustainable HR Development
Short Description:This workshop aims to address talent challenges and explore the development of an HR strategy in the context of business growth and talent shortage. Participants from government, industry, academia, and talent development organizations will engage in discussions on innovative solutions and collaborative approaches.
Key Learning objectives:
- Increase awareness of anticipated talent challenges between 2024 and 2026 to better prepare for future workforce needs.
- Discuss strategies for developing a sustainable HR strategy that thrives amidst business growth and talent shortages, focusing on teaching, buying, and borrowing talent.
- Highlight available tools and initiatives to address talent challenges, providing insights into existing resources for overcoming shortages and developing a skilled workforce.
- Françoise Coléry, BioWin
- Sonja Willems, Observatory of the Belgian Pharma Industry
- Xavier Pessesse, HeLSci-ULB
- Geraldine Yung, UCB
- Christel de Potter, Hudson
- Laurence Candaten, Randstad
Closing ceremony moderated by Xavier Hormaechea, Managing Director of UCB Belgium and President of BioWin. This session will be held in French and will bring together leading figures to discuss the crucial issues facing Wallonia.
We are delighted to welcome :
- Mr Elio Di Rupo, Minister-President of Wallonia
- Ms Cécile Neven, CEO of the Union Wallonne des Entreprises
- Ms Melanie Mestdagt, CEO of EyeD Pharma and Vice-President of BioWin